Sunday, December 20, 2009

wow

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! I've felt so disconnected with my regular life the past month or so. Some of you may have noticed I have pretty much of fallen off the radar, it is survival mode.

We closed on the crazy adobe house around the middle of November, with just three days between that and the date we had to be out of the lovely beach apartment. Originally we anticipated having about two weeks after closing to be able to get some things done, take our time moving, but in the end that was not to be thanks to the fuckwits in the mortgage department B of A. We are, and have been since Nov 15, living with Shandiz's parents. Thank goodness they have extra bedrooms so we don't have to pay rent and mortgage... We have new beautiful floors and some freshly painted rooms (due in a large part to the help of some select and amazing people) and can't wait to start living in the house (hopefully this will be tomorrow, but I have been saying that for about 4 days now).

It is 'the most wonderful time of the year'(sung to cheesy Christmas music which plays in my head everyday on my way to work. oh, the irony.) for retail workers, so that has been lots of fun. Thank goodness the customers aren't being that crazy because the employee drama and long hours are all I can handle at this point. My favorite so far was this interaction with a man:

C: Can I help you find something?
man: yes, I need a present for my wife
C: Ok, do you have any ideas of what you would like, or any kind of a starting point: color, type of gift, etc...
man: nope. What should I get her?
C: Well, not knowing your wife (really!?!?) I need a little more information to be able to help you. Do you want to do clothing or accessories?
man: why don't you just show me somethings and then I can decide

Probably, if you do not have any idea what to buy for someone and can not articulate anything remotely close to a clue or description, then I, not knowing the person and also not being magic or Sherlock Holmes (the real one, not the rowdy Robert Downey Jr. one), will not be able to immediately pick the perfect gift out of the 950 (give or take a few hundred) items we have in the store.

Also, I am one final and one class away from finishing my MBA, but am hanging on to my C in this class by a thread. My final is due tomorrow and then I have a two week break before my last class. I don't think I have been this excited for a break since high school.

AND after all of this is over, we are going to Mexico with my family for five wonderful days :) Yes, I got my H1N1 shot and the regular flu shot too.

I have started to get some Christmas cards at our new house and I am really jealous of them. Most of them have lovely pictures and are obviously on time. I wanted to have a picture of us in front of our house with our new address for a Christmas card, but don't think I'll be able to manage that. Maybe I can do a New Years-ish email instead, maybe Valentines?

2 comments:

  1. Go for Valentine's. No biggie and you'll be the only card on the fridge for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Carrie and Carrie, we are at Bixby's and just read your blog together. Thanks for the good laughs and the update. We wish you were here. See you in March!

    ReplyDelete