Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010

Although not the best New Years Day ever, it was pretty pleasant. Started off with yummy breakfast made by Shandiz, in our new house. He made pancakes and eggs, but the pancakes ended up being more like crumpets, so we ate them with whipped cream cheese and jam. Then we went for a good, long walk around our new neighborhood. It is not quite as good as the beach, but there is a scenic (not really, just making myself feel better) golf course and it is better exercise because there are some little hills.

I did have to work however, but even my drive to work was pretty entertaining. One of the San Diego radio stations was playing the top however-many albums of 2009 and Fiest happened to be on for my whole drive (not it is about 15-20 minutes instead of 5-10. In my 'commute' I drive by a 24hour Fitness and I actually laughed out loud because at 12:45 on New Years Day the parking lot was soooo packed. I bet most of those people won't be back after the close of this week.

2010 is off to a decent start, just 3 more days at work before my retirement ;)We are fully moved into our new house now, just a matter of getting everything settled, which I am fairly certain is a process that will continue until we move to a new house. Yesterday we got our tv, internet and phone set up by a 12 year-old (really, I almost asked him how old he was about 4 times in 25 minutes, but being on the receiving end of my share obnoxious questions lately (last one was today "oh, what've you got in there!?" 12 cheeseburgers, what the hell do you think lady???) I decided to just let the man-boy do his job).

Also, today I got a magic (I-) phone. I call it a magic phone because when Shandiz first got his a few years ago, I made a lot of fun of him because this comment was said in response to almost any question "Well, I have my I-phone with so I didn't need to: look up directions, see how late a place was open, see when the movies were playing, etc..." And sometimes the directions were wrong (memorably to the WRONG Pantages theater in LA when we had tickets for Wicked and were, of course, running late), or there wasn't signal or the phone wasn't charged, so the magic phone became my little joke. The main improvement you may all appreciate by my changing phones is that I will be a more functional texter!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for texting. Had to double check that with your hubby yesterday. I've been forced into it, of course, and as I can see, so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to come and see the abode.

    ReplyDelete