Monday, January 25, 2010

an excellent weekend and chalky goodness

I had a fantastic weekend. All the "weather" we have had culminated in a little hail storm Friday, quite exciting for our area!
I started to watch Donnie Darko, but that bunny is freaky and knew it would give me nightmares (Shandiz was gone from Wed. to Sunday and this is the first time I stayed in our house alone, which was not an entirely comfortable feeling. I am generally not that big of a scaredy cat) so had to stop about 1/2 hour in. Then, as predicted, when I was going to bed and started turning all the lights out, I stated thinking about that damn bunny again! Luckily (I can't belive I'm effing saying this), I saw Shandiz's deer head in the extra room (yes, we have a mounted deer head in our house...)and thought 'Ah ha! The deer can protect me from that creepy rabbit! It will skewer it with its' antlers!' And thus created some nice visual imagery to get me through the night. I think it was the very next morning when I was talking to my parents that my dad said "if you stay home by yourself for much longer, I think you might go crazy." Well, it seems like I might be part way there already.
The rest of the weekend was much better and involved interactions with real people, real people that I like a lot. Chantel came down Saturday and we spent the day milling through antique shops. She was looking for buttons and other accouterments for her handbag line, I was looking for some garden tools (none to be had). It was really nice to spend some time together by ourselves at a mutually favorite past time, and have the luxury of dawdling around (except when I got really hungry).
Sunday it was actually sunny and a little warm so I did some garden work (without tools, boo.) until Shandiz came home. Then we celebrated Victor's birthday with a delicious dinner and engaging conversation, and lots of good wine (the pregnant lady said jealously).

I forgot a few things about being pregnant the other day:
1. It seems like everyone fixates on a different aspect of health, dietary restrictions, labor, so it is really best to get as much information from as many people, books, other sources as possible and then decide what you are going to fixate on for yourself, and say "cancel" in your head to the rest.

2. Buy tums, a lot of them. They are like the new chocolate. I did read that is is true that women who have moderate or worse heartburn while they are pregnant have a 85% chance of having a hairy baby. When I told CB this, she said "Well, women who are married to Shandiz have a 99.9% chance of having a hairy baby." (or something like that)Also, I am sure that anyone who knows my father and brother probably guessed that our baby will not be bald. Lately I have been wondering a lot what babykins will look like, and the only concrete feature I can decide on (with any genetic reassurance) is that they will have lots of dark hair, hopefully mostly contained to their head :/

3. Thinks now happen at unexpected times, i.e. throw up in sink while brushing teeth. This has not happened frequently, but I read on Sierra's blog that this happened to her as well. Also, the dreaded sneeze/pee has occurred. Again, not frequently, but really isn't once enough to make you step up your exercises and make sure you go to the bathroom 951 times a day instead of 950? Well, it was for me and it hasn't happened again, yet...

1 comment:

  1. The sneeze/pee! OMG, that is a riot. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete