I was reading through a few past posts and it seems S'mores have recently become a substantial dietary supplement of mine. Mmm hope this keeps up for the rest of the summer.
Ugg, tomorrow will be the eighth day in a row that I have worked. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that I had enough outfits to make it through without having any wack-a-doodle days. Usually on these long stretches without any days off, I either loose creativity or run out of things that go together so end up looking like a camp counselor (khakis with a button up and all-stars) or with some weird-ass outfits on the last day of the stretch. (unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of those outfits to post for another Look Book parody).
Happily, the day after tomorrow I am going home to Minnesota for a little vacation. Shandiz has to work so he's not coming, but I plan to have lots of fun anyway. I haven't been home since October for Johanna's wedding, and that is the longest that I haven't been home since I moved to California almost 7 years ago! I'll only be home for six days, and is always the case, that is not nearly long enough to spend sufficient time with everyone and do everything necessary. This sucks. It is always difficult to decide where to go so all time isn't spent driving around the state, but the trip to Minnesota is maximized both with interactions and fun times.
It used to seem like lots of time, but then I would over schedule and run around not actually having any fun and I think it must have given people the impression that I was a nervous wreck or on cocaine because I would rush from place to place, double-booking meals, and over lapping plans in socially uncomfortable ways trying to fit everyone and everywhere in. So, for it to actually feel like a vacation, I have forced myself to cut back. Less places, less driving, and unfortunately seeing less people. It seems most people are faced with choices like this when on vacation, whether it is choices between loved ones, new places, activities, etc...
The drawback is a little more guilt for not making all the rounds. I wish this weren't so, but the alternative is driving myself mental. I don't think people enjoy spending time with me when I am in that state, so I hope that makes it a bit ok. My next post may be from Minnesota, or I may be having too much fun and won't be able to post until I get back, but I'll try because I think it will be entertaining.
(I just saw a commercial for possibly the worst idea ever: A father who left his son as a baby and this son (now a young twenty-something) go on a 4,000 mile bike ride together. I think maybe the first few hundred miles may be entertaining to watch (if you find bickering and falling off bikes amusing), but what would posses someone to agree to do this?)
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You will be too busy (in a good way) having fun while in MN and may not have time time post until post-trip...
ReplyDelete