Monday, June 8, 2009

just a quick update

So, I, like Alan Greenspan, am in "as state of shocked disbelief at banks' failure to act in their own self interest." Specifically in that we did not get the house due to the fact that it appraised, oh about $50,000 less than the list price because of stuff we knew would need to be fixed, and the apparent amount of creepy creatures currently living there, but the bank that owned it still thinks it is better to not sell it to us and keep hoping some other sucker will pay more.

On that happy note, I finished my finance final tonight :/ and took the LSAT today. I am a little disappointed in my test taking because I ran out of time on the reading comprehension section, which was my strongest on practice tests, and didn't seem to do better on any of the other sections. I have two weeks off before I start my next class, business law, so I am feeling a little less like a crazy for the time being.

Also, it was our first wedding anniversary on Sunday. Thank you to all for the congratulations :) Incomprehensible how quickly this past year has gone, and how difficult and lovely it has been. We didn't plan much because of the above events, but had a great day and exchanged cards and 'paper' presents. Shandiz is a mystery to me because there are some social rules he gleefully disregards (stripes/plaids is one I think we have finally accepted together) but is a stickler for others, like the anniversary gifts. So I made him 2 paper coupons, one A and one B for him to choose his gift from. A is a XBox and B is an Ipod stereo, so I am interested to see which he chooses. Interestingly, he also gave me choices; tickets for a long weekend to Santa Barbara, San Francisco or Napa. I like that we chose things for each other that involve the giver too. (No, I will not get lots of joy out of playing Xbox, but I know it will be fun for him while I am studying).

I got a call from my dear friend Kerrie the other day(in all honesty it could have been a few weeks ago, my sense of time for the past few months only consisted of study days leading up to today and everything either fell before today or after it with no other anchor point) and am so very happy to hear that she and her Nate are engadged. It makes me happy when my friends meet wonderful people and marry them, or as happened with us and a number of my friends - meet a wonderful person, date them for a long time and then decide that they are indeed the best person to ever be with.

I also have to share a funny and somewhat sweet story that happened a little while ago while we were walking on the sea wall. It was overcast and windy so the sea had that kind of greyish hue to it that it does when it is a bit stormy. Shandiz has never to his satisfaction been able to accurately describe the blue color of my eyes,(and this is even using language from The Princess Bride) so I asked him if the current color of the ocean was the color of my eyes. He looked back and forth a few times and said with all seriousness "Mmm, not quite. Your eyes have a little bit more of 'if you were a boat I'd eff you up' in them."

1 comment:

  1. i'm late in this, but happy 1st anniversary! i hope you and shandiz had fun! sorry about the house, but you'll find something amazing.

    ReplyDelete