because I have to work while everyone else is out frolicking around, or being a nasty customer at a shop. (I really should be doing my finance assignment right now, but have no clue about how to proceed so am procrastinating...)
Today I had a customer tell me "Even though I like you, you were not actually very helpful". This was after she asked me to help her find some clothes that weren't "you know, >P" (>P is a face she made while waving her hands around. What the hell does this mean and how does it translate to a clothing style?) I found her some dresses that apparently weren't >P, helped her zip and unzip them, engaged in helping her figure out all the ways in which she could accessories a particular dress and the different locations to wear it to ("I could totally throw some boots on and go to sushi in this"), agreed that one dress was not right for her ("this is so, 'I'm 8 months pregnant and don't talk to anyone'") was exposed to her NAKED BODY in the fitting room, and helped her find her cell phone after she 'lost' it in her purse. Perhaps I neglected to mention she was in her late 50's to mid 60's, insisted she did not want to dress like 'one of those women who can't let things go', and was drunk, at 11:30am, on a Monday. Granted it is Memorial Day, I guess that could explain the drunken-ness, but not the high level of general craziness.
One of my worker-bees complimented a girl on the color of her dress and said how nice it looked on her, which was returned with "Yeah, whatever. Is this purse on sale?" Guess if you go shopping on a holiday, not only should you rub it in retail workers faces by wearing beach-ready get-ups with flip flops, but should also be as rude and mean as possible, and drunk if you can secure a DD.
Have to say, I did have a few nice holiday weekend moments last night. After Shandiz, et all gorged themselves on crayfish and Korean soft tofu while I was at work, our neighbors Jason and Whitney invited us over for S'mores in their backyard. Their apartment yard is pretty big and surrounded by big trees so it seems very secluded and outdoors-y even though it is 1/2 block from our apartment. It was great to sit by the fire pit and have S'mores and some watermellon beer. Whitney made me guess what fruit flavor it was and I came up with peach and pineapple before she told me, so you can imagine the watermellon essence wasn't overbaring.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those customers would drive anyone to drink. (FYI, having champagne now). Miss you. We should go to Julie & Julia when you're home.
ReplyDeleteboo to rude customers. remind me again why we ever went back?
ReplyDeletewe should go to that movie. went to angels & demons this weekend & there was a good preview for it.
ReplyDelete