SO, today after getting home from Persian Party #2 of the weekend (took some hilarious pictures you will have to wait for), I filed a complaint with the BBB about the lame selling agent and mortgage company that own the lizard invested fixer-upper we want to buy, and forwarded the complaint to the company's customer service address, AND Ombudsman. My thinking in doing this is as things stand right now, we aren't going to buy the house without being able to do the inspections etc, so this isn't going to hurt. Ideally they will fire the dirt bag agent and offer to pay our closing costs, or knock a few 00 off the purchase price to compensate us for our pain and suffering ;)
So that was Sunday, today is umm... Thursday (long week) and my plotting and agitating and letter writing worked! The nasties at OCWEN LOAN SERVICING (NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!) have finally responded and agreed to extend the inspection period to 6/1 and the escrow to 7/1. I am secretly elated because in my mind I have already renovated the whole house and yard and planned all parties/life events for the next 5 years there, but we are going with 'cautiously optimistic' (mom verbage), because this company is obviously filled with fuckwits (Helen Fielding verbage) who may chose at any time to stop behaving with the meagerest smidgen of professionalism that they have scrounged up this week.
On another note, today felt utterly summer-y. Today was sunny and warm. My drive to work was completely regular and so very Southern California, but since it has been over cast and blah lately I took more joy in it than usual. My drive to work is the best thing about my job, and has to be one of the best commutes in the country. I drive next to the ocean, right next to it where I can see the surfers and kelp patties and sometimes even dolphins (not today, it wasn't that magical). Today I saw two Marine helicopters and a bunch of brown pelicans gliding along in the air from a distance (which is how I prefer both birds and marines). The light that I stop at to turn away from the coast is next to a park and when have to close at work ( I go in at 1pm) there are usually several Mexican (ok, they COULD be from other places in South/Central America, but probably they aren't) employees on their lunch break from the power plant next door playing soccer (futbol). I had my sun roof open and was listening to the Killers (I guess my day could have been better if I had a newer Killers CD or an Older Chili Peppers one). Such a refreshing ride and start to the season. And, happy 60th birthday to my mother.
It couldn't even be ruined by my vile day at work! I was again feeling pretty happy when I got home (no amount of sunshine and cupcakes will make me happy while at work these days), finished my Finance postings and had two G & T's, another wonderful benefit to summer. It seems somehow almost indecent to drink gin & tonic in the winter. Guessing it has something to do with some residual Minnesota-ness (which I love about growing up there because I will never change) about not eating things out of season (limes, pretty sure tonic & gin are always in season everywhere in the world). I currently prefer Hendirck's Gin, I think Arta introduced us to it. Love the bottle and wish I could think of ways to reuse it.
Also, another great summer drink introduced to me by friends while I lived in Long Beach is the dark and stormy, comprised of half dark rum and half ginger beer with mint and lots of ice. I guess it is probably more like 1/3 dark rum and 2/3 ginger beer. Just another reason to like pirates. I don't know if they invented it, but they did for rum what Sex in the City did for Manolo Blahnik shoes (introduced them to people who will never understand the true merits of fine craftsmanship).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Had a fab, very un-California drink last night, a Dirty Monkey, that includes Kahlua, banana, vodka & chocolate...pretty fabulous.
ReplyDeletei hope i will be at one of those parties ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you will be at a few of them! Start planning for my 30th birthday masquerade party 10/31/09! EEK!
ReplyDelete