I also saw what I have since identified as a California Sea Hare, thanks to my Audubon Society Field Guide to Seashore Creatures. It was stranded above the tide line so I tired to gently roll it back into the ocean with a stick so it wouldn't dry out, but I think this may have inadvertently produced more damage than assistance because the waves were kind of large and I'm worried now that I read its' habitat is 'in sheltered places with few waves'. Sorry little buddy...
I recently did the window displays at work, which can be one of my favorite parts of my job. It can also be really frustrating because we don't have any props and I have to constantly justify my display decisions because certain other managers like to either; A. crap the displays up with all kinds of accessories and layers, or B. put a dress on a mannequin and call it a day, or C. put the same outfit in different colors on all the mannequins. I guess I fall somewhere else because my theory is the display needs to have a cohesive theme, be something the customer might not put together on their own, and be interesting enough to appeal to people walking past, and CREATIVE. What's the point of putting a dress on a mannequin? It is the same
The girls in the above picture are all wearing logo tees and some of the denim we got in last week. I accented with bright colored accessories. There are lots of hats on stands between the girls, but they don't show up very well.
The girls on the right are in a denim/beige/coral color story. I particularly like the beige Generra cape on the far right girl. I think the pictures look even worse than the actual windows, but like I said I don't have a lot to work with and any attempt to get TOO creative results in the mannequins being changed when I am not there or endless comments about the various reasons my selections are inappropriate.

love the windows! dressing mannequins is fun :) really like the coral color story. oh and i love the hat you are wearing in the del mar picture
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how some people, (won't mention any names) give you shit for your mannequins on how they are dressed etc. When they can barely dress themselves! hahaha! Don't worry there are only about 4 people at the store that know how to dress, and you and me are part of those 4 people!
ReplyDelete