Sunday, August 9, 2009

If I Twittered, this might be a tweet

So, I am not sleeping and obviously there is not a lot to do at 2AM that does not involve the internet, so I have been spending some quality time on www.style.com. I FINALLY got a chance to look and the new Celine collection that one of my favorite contemporary designers, Phoebe Philo, is now doing. I do like it quite a lot, especially the blazers and skinny pants together, the sumptuous coats, and #31 which is a white drape-y silk dress. (I don't understand why the model can't be bothered with putting her arms in any of the coat sleeves or having a waist though, makes some of the pictures look a little unfortunate.) I am not a huge fan of the color-block styles, but over all I like the color pallet and materials.

I'm very happy to see that she has created a new lovely person through this collection and not just updated her Chloe style like some designers do when they start designing at another label (cough, Tom Ford).

No comments:

Post a Comment