Monday, March 22, 2010

A day for the couch and malted milk balls

I am tired. Last week was a big week here at the adobe. At the beginning of the week, my dad and brother were here for a few days to visit and help get some projects done before babykins arrives on the outside.

THEN BOTH other Carries were here at the end of the week for general fun and visiting. There may have been some talk at one point of doing some projects while they were here, but mostly it turned out to be lounging at various places (house, beach, malls, Victor & Janine's) and eating a lot, which can be surprisingly exhausting at 9 months pregnant. Mostly, I think they just wanted to actually see that I am pregnant in real life ;) I think it is a weird thing to have one of your best friends (that you have known before college, careers, husbands, and houses or any combination of those 'adult' type things) be expecting a baby and to have not seen them pregnant in person. It was a good time, and as usual - there was a lot of silliness tempered with good, serious conversation.

The biggest accomplishment (not the most labor intensive, but the most moral-boosting) was that the stupid deer head got mounted onto the wall in the most unobtrusive place possible (it is a DEER HEAD and about 4 feet tall, so that is relative), and has a name - Florian. Unfortunately, I was not able to procure a small, green sparkly tophat for him for St. Patrick's day, but he will be dressed for other holiday occasions (I don't know if I shared these plans with Shandiz, so keep your traps shut) and pictures will be posted.

In other news, I found out Friday that I have been accepted to 2 of the 3 law schools I applied to(haven't heard from #3 yet)!  So, after the physical exhaustion and ensuing withdrawal symptoms of entertaining so much company in such a short period of time, and the emotional excitement of those tidbits of good news AND completing our birth plan for the hospital, a day of laying on the couch watching recorded Bones and Martha Stewart episodes and eating malt balls is in good order.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the law schools! :)

    and, to answer your question... i don't know who i'm rooting for on PR?? i agree with you about the anthony/miss usa connection. :) i did like amy even though she made some pretty ugly stuff sometimes. her potato sack dress was cute though. i think we will see seth aaron and emilio in the finals? and maya maybe. i think i like maya or seth aaron the best. mila needs to go... but i'm not really that into the mod thing. jay might be another good one but he's been pretty inconsistent.

    well, there! i'm sure you really wanted a novel on my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim I could talk for hours about PR :)

    I agree about Amy - but the "cat in a baby sling" comment on her last outfit has provided fodder for many exchanges between Shandiz and I - especially while testing out our new baby paraphernalia...

    As much as I hate to admit it, I do think Jay will be in the finals. I think he has a really good eye, except for when he creates his own bright-colored-short ensembles. Also, I really like Jonathan's aesthetic (I haven't watched this weeks so maybe he is gone now) but I just don't think he is strong enough or uses a broad enough color pallet, like Mila.

    ReplyDelete