Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fiona Yasmin

She is so worth the wait ;)
Our little baby girl was born Wednesday April 28th at 5:38pm. She is 19 inches long and weighed 7lbs 7oz. 
Here are a few snaps. (she's laying on my lap as I type so that's why this is short and may not be the best written post on record)

So, we have a girl and she was born via c-section. Tuesday the doctor discovered that she had turned around and was in breach position (not quite sure the proper grammatical arrangement there) so I got acupuncture to try to make her turn, did lots of stretches and postures to give her more room to turn, and then Wednesday we had an appointment with the doctor for an external version. None of these worked well enough (she turned but not all the way around) so I ended up giving birth via c-section that afternoon. Not really what we had planned for, but the same end result:

Fiona in the hospital - Day 4
(note the Russian Navy toe nails in the back. Yes, I did get a pedicure before the baby was born, but it was 3 days before her original due date so it wasn't was fresh as it should have been)

Ok, I guess that most of the best pictures are on Shandiz's phone (and he is talking to BCheng right now) so I will have to steal that later and upload the photos.

She is fantastic and has the silkiest hair ever (I know because I kiss her on the head about 950 million times an hour).

1 comment:

  1. She is amazingly beautiful. Those lips are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete