Saturday, April 24, 2010

Could some one else please be pregnanat for me for about a week?

I'll take it up again for the whole birth process, but I just need a break, and my own body back for a little bit. This is why I want my own body back:
1) I am way too excited about not wearing something stretchy on my bottom half.
2) I REALLY REALLY want to drink a big New Castle
3) I want to be able to get up from a laying position with out pain and a lot of rolling

but the number one reason is really:
SO STRANGERS STOP ASKING ME ABOUT MY CERVIX. Really. A lot, more than you think would be possible. Most of them do not say "so, how's your cervix", but they say things like "have you been checked?" Yes, I go to the Dr every week. (and next week I get to go 2, maybe even 3 times!!) "no, you know... for dilation?" Or the more straight forward "How dilated are you?". Apparently, people even ask Shandiz about my cervix.  This is bizarre, like 'cat in baby sling' bizarre (for all you PR watchers), especially because this happens the first time I ever meet these people. I think this happens for two reasons, one in the general theme of just because you are pregnant -  the door is open for the-general-public to ask you questions, touch your stomach, shout genders at you (happened today! "Boy! Boy!" from random man walking in a parking lot), and two that if they don't reference the body part they are asking about, it somehow makes it not weird to ask about a strangers lady bits. Bizarre.

So, you may have gleaned that the baby is still on the inside. Which brings up some interesting comments about perspective.
About the location/status of the baby:
When Victor told Anthony that I am going to have a baby soon: Carrie already has a baby, it's in her tummy
When Shandiz talked to Andre on the phone the other day: Where's the baby cousin?

About the baby's "timeline":
"that must be one stubborn kid, just wait until they're a two!" I prefer to think babykins is just shy, Shandiz is thinking we'll have a procrastinator.

1 comment:

  1. I was born late and continuously use that as an excuse when I can for the daily underplanned timing of my arrivals. I'll have you know that the only reason I arrived (early) to my wedding was that 6 lovely ladies assisted : )

    ReplyDelete