Since most thoughtful, or even creatively interesting, blog names have long since been chosen, I just decided to go for a conglomeration of obscure favorite words and images. Weird, I know, but that is the penance for doing something I should have done a long time ago, instead I have both a strange blog name and a bunch of random information sharing and networking accounts.
I have a new Facebook account that I'm not entirely sure how to use, a Linked In profile, a Goodreads account, two email accounts, Myspace and Friendster accounts that I hope I deleted or canceled successfully and a Blackboard account for school. I know the blackboard account doesn't really count as a voluntary networking or communication device , but it is another thing I have to log into to gather or send information. This is too many information outlets for me to mange successfully. Additional to their primary functions, all of these sites provide hours of diversion from what I should be doing, or even what I would like to do. It is just too easy for me to sit down at the computer and check on all these things before I start my assignment or do what it was that I originally set out to do.
Also, and I know you are all going to laugh as you read this, it seems a little narcissistic to be gathering and sending that much information about myself to so many people. This blog seems more manageable and user friendly (eww I wish I could think of a real term to describe that sensation). If people are wondering "hmm I wonder what CARH has been up to lately", they can visit and read and look at pictures at their leisure, rather than receiving updates every time I change my clothes or sneeze.
I realize this means I will still have to keep my Facebook account to know what is going on with those friends and family that I do not see or speak with as frequently as I would like (so, almost all of them), but I think it means that I will stop trying to figure out how it works, and that I will delete my Goodreads account.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay for a blog!
ReplyDeleteGiddy up!
ReplyDelete