Sunday, April 19, 2009

Off to an OK start

I only had half a day of work today so that wasn't so bad, except for the child I had to pry off the shelves on the back wall. He apparently was determined to get a hat off the top shelf. The following dialogue ensued (parenthesis were inner dialogue):
'excuse me (nasty little boy), will you please get down off the shelves?'
"NO I WANT THE PINK HAT"
'please come down from there, the shelves are not for climbing (nor are all those scarves your standing on meant to be stepped on)'
"BUT MY SISTER HAD THAT HAT AND I WANT IT"
'that hat is for the display and you need to come down. Will you give me your hand so you can climb down? (those scarves are $59 each and that hat is ON SALE for $99)'
"BUT I WANT IT!"
'give me your hand and jump down NOW(before I pick you up and take you out to the curb).'

Who would let their child behave like this in a store you ask? Well the mother was in the fitting room trying on half of the store and the father was building a fort out of the benches in the shoe department for the younger brother of the charming lad. Apparently lots of people think that stores are the new free childcare centers. Last weekend I had to clean TODDLER PEE off of the carpet...

Shandiz left today for a work conference in Orlando and will be gone until Friday, actually he left our apartment last night and stayed at Jon's because the flight was at 6am. Nice and convenient to have a friend that lives so close to the airport. Since BCheng moved up to Davis, it was very obliging of Jon to move from La Jolla to Hillcrest to carry the friend-near-the-airport-and-gay-bars torch.

Of all the times to be gone, this is actually a pretty good one because I am in the last week and a half of my concurrently enrolled classes so have lots of paper writing to keep me busy. I will be enormously pleased to be done with Managerial Economics!! and glad to get back to the more sane pace of just one class. Also, Victor, Janine and Anthony have gone up North for a long visit so I have plant watering and paper collecting duties to tend to.

After leaving that mess at work, I stopped by Sarah's house to see her new kitchen (it seems highly advantageous to have a father who is a retired contractor for those types of things). She was hosting a poker party, and although I didn't play, it was a good opportunity to see her and little Elsie and have some tasty treats which are always in plentiful supply at her events.

I am supposed to call the new real estate agent tomorrow and advance our painfully long and drawn out house buying mission. We very much need more than the 485 square feet of living space that we currently occupy. Another closet and a dishwasher would be wonderful, let alone more general living space and the ability to paint & change the blinds. Although it is very nice to be able to call someone else when there is a problem. Here's a random picture of our living room for those who've never been.

1 comment:

  1. I like the rug! Pee should not be involved in your work life.

    ReplyDelete